Friday, April 13, 2012

Part A Brainstorm Session

I met Christina via Skype.  I’ve used the web one before, and if there are a lot of people on the network, then it gets very slow, and becomes more of a chat room or audio conversation instead of a video conference.  For the two of us, Skype was a great option because we both have it on our mobile device/computer.  We discussed a little bit about what we’re hoping to accomplish with our WPP.  We both like the idea of using edtech to have our classrooms be more paperless.  By using Google and all its applications, students would have access to Google presentations, Google docs, and teachers could use the Google forms for various assessments.  Christina is going to focus more on Google presentations and I will focus on creating assessments using Google forms.  I think Google presentations are awesome for teachers because they can be used in the traditional sense OR they can be used individually by students.  Currently, my district is piloting a 1/1 Laptop program so I’m going to try to use them individually.  Perhaps they could be used as STAiRS, so students could work at their own pace, and assess themselves.  I’m becoming more familiar with Google forms, and have used them for a simple formative assessment as an exit ticket to assess whether students had understood the lab they’d just completed.  I feel that in edtech we should be using something like this in order to have the students access the technology more, and learn its full capabilities.  Most of the jobs in the “Digital Age” are going to revolve around technology and being technologically capable, so I feel that anything we can do as teachers would be beneficial to our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment